February 19th

Today we had lunch with some NICU nurses, graduates, and current NICU parents.  Walking into Blank with Zach is such a surreal experience.  It looks and smells exactly the same as it did a little over 2 years ago when our whole world revolved around that one room, but this time I am holding the perfect little hand of my amazing little boy.  My heart is full of love and contentment instead of worry and anticipation.  I wish I could eloquently express how those 19 days changed me forever.  I love more deeply, I genuinely appreciate kindness, and I know true fear and strength.  I can't wait until Zach is older and we can tell him how our families rallied around us and got us through the scariest thing we will ever have to go through.  Everyone at the lunch was amazed at how big Zach was and how well he talked for barely 2.  I beamed with pride showing off my little survivor.

No comments:

Post a Comment