January 26th

As a parent, my number one job is to make my kid feel loved & special.  I want him to know that he is enough.  I want him to know there is nothing he can do to make me love him any more or less...that he is perfect just the way he is.  I want him to have wonderful memories of laughter and love and silly dance parties in the living room when he grows up.  He is growing up and while it is so exciting watching him learn new skills and become more independent, it breaks my heart.  My baby is 4 and 4 seems SO MUCH older than 3 to me.  I seriously can't even remember my life without him yet it seems like just yesterday we were headed to the hospital for him to be born.  A blink of the eye and he is 4...but I digress.

Today my baby turned 4 and we celebrated it up big!  We started the morning off opening presents.  Then we met Grandma & Papa at Perkin's for a special birthday breakfast.  I took really cute pictures of them with Zach on his new camera, but apparently my husband didn't read the directions and they all disappeared.  :(

After breakfast we headed to Brenton Skating Plaza downtown.  Zach is OBSESSED with mascots and by some divine intervention they had scheduled a mascot skate on his birthday.  The boy was in heaven despite the FREEZING temperatures.  He had so much fun skating with Kyle & Amber & Daddy.

After skating we headed home to nap & get ready for a birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment