October 5th - 12th - FL Vacation 1

Last week we spent 7 amazing days in Destin, FL.  Before we left we weren't so sure what to expect.  Tropical Storm Karen was heading straight for the Florida panhandle and was supposed to make landfall Sunday.  A handful of airports in the area were even closing at noon on Saturday expecting it to hit hurricane status.  We were scheduled to fly into Pensacola at 11am.  My mom and I worried and kept checking weather reports.  Imagine our surprise when we flew in Saturday and it was warm & sunny.  Karen had broken up in the gulf and had all but dissipated at the very last minute.  We got a little rain on Sunday (followed by a rainbow over the ocean), but every other day was warm and sunny and perfect.  It was a vacation miracle!  haha

I know this won't surprise you, but I have a TON (100 to be exact) of pictures I want to share.  I plan to break it up in small posts all week as to not overwhelm you and me!

The bottom line is we had a FABULOUS time together.  As the picture frame my mom bought says..."You can shake the sand from your shoes but it will never leave your soul."

Random Pictures


No comments:

Post a Comment