February 20th

Tonight was exciting at our house.  Right before bed Zach told me he thought he had something stuck in his ear.  I looked with a flashlight and deep inside I saw purple.  As he tells it, Zach was sitting with "the weird kid" at after-school care and decided to try to out-weird him.  He stuck some colored pencil lead in his ear and was surprised when it didn't come right out.  He didn't want to tell anyone because he was too embarrassed.  Chris and I tried everything we could think of for about 30 minutes before we called the doctor.  He said to try to get Zach to sneeze.  I put pepper in his nose and tickled his nostrils...nothing.  Finally I got the bright idea to put a cup full of water up to his ear and roll his head side to side.  Eventually the pencil tip came out in the cup.  I think Zach learned a valuable lesson that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment