June 7th

It's pretty slow at work these days.  The wheat shipping season doesn't begin until July 1st, and soybean conditioning is 99% done.  Today I snuck out (actually no sneaking required) of work at 4 and picked up my Little Man.  It felt like "bonus time" with him, so I wanted to make it special.  We stopped at Union Park to ride the Heritage Carousel.  He loves the Pirate Kitty and for $0.25 you can't go wrong!  We rode twice, played on the park equipment, and then spotted the Splash Pool.  I am by nature a planner.  I normally have at least 2 extra outfits packed along with anything else we might need at any given moment.  This particular day I had nothing...but we rolled with it.  Who needs swim trunks, sunscreen, or pool toys to have a good time?  Apparently not us!  I think spontaneous fun might be my new favorite thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment